Inclusivity and Values
As a touchstone, we adopt this Manifesto of Inclusivity and commit to creating a School and application process that welcomes anybody interested in applied category theory.
We recognize that the complex factors of our participants’ past experiences and present circumstances may explicitly or implicitly make it more difficult for them to get what they want out of the program. We seek to mitigate these difficulties by taking the following concrete steps and more, and we welcome further suggestions.
- We are writing a grant to be able to fund needful students to attend the in-person research week
- In both components of the school, we will focus on the process of research instead of on the outcomes
- We are designing modules of the online component of the school that enable students to share their voices in a variety of modes
- We will guide participants to develop explicit norms for supportive and inclusive behavior
- We will moderate the whole-group discussions and written components to ensure they keep within School norms.